WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE YÖS EXAMS?
1) Foreign students who are completely single citizens (Residence Permit - 99 Turkish Republic Identity Number)
2) Students who have completed their entire high school education abroad (High School Equivalency Certificate)
3) Those whose sole citizenship is foreign and who subsequently acquire Turkish citizenship together with the whole family (Certified Identity Registration Sample)
4) Born in T.C. Citizens of Turkey who acquired foreign citizenship later or by birth, students whose Turkish citizenship was authorized by law 5901 (Blue Card)
5) Students with GCE A Level who are TRNC nationals and have completed the entire high school in TRNC
HOW IS THE CONTENT OF THE YÖS EXAM?
Usually 80 questions are asked in the exams. Exam duration varies between 100-150 minutes. Questions come from the fields of logic, mathematics and geometry. There are no Turkish questions in the content of the exam. Scoring is done out of 100.
HOW TO MAKE YOS EXAM APPLICATIONS?
Each university has its own application system. The application system is usually opened 1-3 months before the exam date. The application calendar, exam guide and all other details are published on the university's official website and on the international office coordinator page.
HOW MUCH ARE THE YÖS EXAM APPLICATION FEES?
Exam fees vary according to the preferred university and exam center. There may be differences in the fees of domestic and international exam centers. Exam fees are usually between 15 – 150 USD.
HOW ARE YÖS QUOTAS?
In general, foreign students are accepted to all departments. Universities are authorized to open quotas equal to YKS for foreign students. With the decision of the Council of Higher Education (YÖK) dated 04.07.2019, 10% quota quota was introduced for the faculties of Medicine, Dentistry, Law and Teaching for students with a blue card and for Turkish and dual nationals studying at high school abroad. With the decision of YÖK dated March 30, 2021, a 10% quota quota was introduced for the Faculty of Pharmacy. Quotas are announced by YÖK between April and August every year.
WHEN ARE THE YÖS RESULTS ANNOUNCED?
YÖS exam results are announced within an average of 2-6 weeks. Results are announced online on the university's official website, international office coordinator or student affairs page. Students have the right to object to the exam results.
IMPORTANCE OF PREFERENCE IN YÖS EXAM
Each university has its own preference system. Therefore, the selection process should be followed carefully. Dead choices should not be made and additional preferences should be considered. The order of preference is of great importance in score equality. In order of preference, great attention should be paid to the country's dam quota. Age, gender, TÖMER certificate are decisive in case of equality of points while making the choice.